1. My child cries/moans in his sleep! Seriously - see #6. Is this normal? Who knew?
3. Bringing the wrong "flow" bottle top could alter how quickly he goes to sleep. Slow flow - forces him to slow down and puts him to sleep. Rapid flow - drinks too fast and throws up. And is not tired.
4. I had to make sure to pack enough diapers, food and clothes.
5. Don't forget the bathtub - routine is important! I forgot to bring this the first weekend and our bedtime routine was not the same.
6. You really can stay awake in a tree stand after 2-4 hours of sleep! It helped that it was so cold that I feared hypothermia.
7. Sometimes grandparents can get kids to do things moms can't - like eat all of their peas.
8. There really is guilt associated with being a hunting mom! I didn't necessarily feel bad about leaving him (I had to deal when I started taking him to daycare) but I felt guilty having my mom watch him every time we went out. Disclosure: Mom said she had withdrawals the first weekend after hunting was over. Still, there is guilt.
9. I can't just think about me. I use to be able to check in with friends if I was up in the area to go hunting. I can't run out for coffee if I have to put the baby down starting at 6:30.