Honest Kitchen: Honest, whole food cooked from scratch. Simple, delicious and sometimes from the wild side. Robin, Erin and Michelle often prepare wild game, mushrooms, berries and other foods they harvest, grow or buy locally. Regardless - come cook with us. Copy this paragraph (please leave the links) into your blog and leave your link in comments each Wednesday so everyone can visit.
Bear meat and a crockpot go together like a hand and glove, deer hunting and 4 degrees, my kid and Buzz Lightyear... a perfect match.
For the chilly, rainy days there is nothing better than a crockpot meal when you come home from work. Here is how I made bear with mushroom sauce.
* Fresh mushrooms (as many as you want because there is no such thing as too many)
* Maine Cap N Stem meat seasoning
* Reduced sodium cream of mushroom soup
* bear meat (let's say 1 pound)
1. Put the bear on the bottom
2. Coat with the seasoning and fresh mushrooms
3. Pour mushroom soup on top
4. Set on low and come back in 8 hours.
5. Serve with smashed potatoes for a great comfort food meal!