Honest Kitchen: Honest, whole food cooked from scratch. Simple, delicious and sometimes from the wild side. Robin, Erin and Michelle often prepare wild game, mushrooms, berries and other foods they harvest, grow or buy locally. Regardless - come cook with us. Copy this paragraph (please leave the links) into your blog and leave your link in comments each Wednesday so everyone can visit.
This should really be called: what to make when you are hungry but your two-year old is screaming.
Here is what you will need:
* 12 oz of chickpeas, rinsed well
* One head of broccoli, rinsed to make sure the worms are out (this is fresh broccoli from the farm)
* Wild Cheff's Mediterranean seasoning. I stock up and use this for almost all things chicken.
* Chicken breast (from a local meat market)
* 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
* 3/4 cup mayo
1. Dump rinsed chickpeas, cut up broccoli, EVOO and the seasoning into a gallon storage bag and shake. This is super easy if that two-year old is still screaming.
2. Spread evening on baking sheet and set aside.
4. Spread evening on chicken and place in preheated oven at 350.
5. Place tray of seasoned chickpea/broccoli mixture into oven as well.
6. Bake both dishes for 15-20 minutes or until broccoli is browned on the edges and chicken is no longer pink.
I was unable to get photos of the finished dishes because of said two year old screaming but the flavors mixed well and overall, it was a quick dish to make with limited dishes for cleanup!