We needed a weed-wacker to blaze trail! I was so happy that I was dressed the way that I was: jeans, rubber boots, sweatshirt... and enough deet to (hopefully) kill all bugs that came in contact with me.
I snapped a few before shots and then grabbed a gallon of paint and climbed the ladder. My job was to paint as much of the outside as I could reach then paint the inside - specifically what the rain may hit - and then paint the outside and my sunporch. I also needed to make sure that I did not paint myself into a corner or miss one spot that only I could have reached. Luckily, I had had my strong coffee!
|Before the paint job|
|Hubby helping to nail on a couple more braces|
As I painted, I envisioned deer walking by or watching us. I thought about which lane I would want to shoot a deer from and how things looked from a spot where I would be sitting. I also realized that there will be a lot more opportunities to see the deer walking by and that I would need to up my game and my attention to movement. In my treeseat, there were limited spots where deer would be seen and I did not have to move too much to keep track of them. Now, there are about 7 different possible points where I could see movement. I am not good shooting quickly; if there is a deer walking through, I will need to see him crossing one opening and be ready when he walks into the second. I can not (currently) see him in one shooting lane and make a shot almost instantly. Dad can. I can not.
But, I have until October 31 to get mentally prepared!
|T3 stained and ready to go|
|T3 blending into its surroundings.|