Honest Kitchen: Honest, whole food cooked from scratch. Simple, delicious and sometimes from the wild side. Robin and Erin often prepare wild game, mushrooms, berries and other foods they harvest, grow or buy locally. Regardless - come cook with us. Copy this paragraph (please leave the links) into your blog and leave your link in comments each Wednesday so everyone can visit.
It happens every year. You think that you can keep up and you pick those zucchini and yellow squash and go back the next day and there is one that is more than a foot long and huge. Too big for sauteing and really, too big to be used. But - I found a way to use those massive zucchinis!
* A massive zucchini
* 1lb burger
* 1 tomato
1. I did not want to throw away the zucchini, so I cut it in half and took an ice cream scoop and cleaned out the middle and got the seeds and stalky parts out of there.
2. Next, I cooked the burger then added it into the zucchini. I also put a slice of cheese, broken up into pieces along the bottom to help keep the burger in place.
3. Add the diced tomato and more cheese. I would have used shredded cheese but all I had was cheese sticks. They worked too.
4. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.
5. Since these are big zucchinis, I recommend a big knife to cut into them. The squash itself was nice and soft while the skin of it stayed a little firm. It tasted perfect with the burger and cheese!